The first woman whose jar was opened, unleashing evils across the planet with only Hope remaining sealed inside, was believed to be Pandora in ancient Greek mythology. Other versions of the story claim that blessings rather than evil were released when the jar was opened, blessings that humanity would have received had they not been freed. In a further twist, Erasmus, a humanist, misinterpreted or mistranslated Pandora’s original jar in the 16th century, leading to the creation of the more well-known box.
Developer Play’n GO’s rendition of the tale in its online slot Pandora’s Box of Evil offers a number of potential outcomes, almost all of which are positive. Evidently, the word “Evil” is more marketable and eye-catching than phrases like “Hope” or “Blessings.” The game takes place in a temple-like setting atop a cliff, possibly at Cape Sounion or one of the many other locations scattered over the Mediterranean, Aegean, Ionian, or another sea. The sun is setting (or rising) on a captivating Ancient World landscape that should easily entice players who have a weakness for these kinds of situations. Pandora’s Box of Evil is not among Play’n GO’s best visual creations, though. In comparison to the other work the studio has produced, it comes across as generic and somewhat bland.
With 20 paylines and a 5×3 game grid as its foundation, Pandora’s Box of Evil has a generally traditional setup. It comes in a wide range of RTP configurations, with a maximum return value of 96.2%, and is also very volatile. Users can choose a wager from 5 cents to £/€100 each spin to get the game started on PCs, mobile devices, or tablets, making it a particularly low roller-friendly gambling machine to take on.
All winning lines pay left to right beginning with the first reel and can consist of three to five of a type. A creative group of five high-paying character symbols that pay 5x to 8x the wager for a five-of-a-kind win follows the 10 through Ace symbols on the pay tiles, which are worth 1.2 to 2 times the bet. When they emerge, wild symbols can be used to complete winning lines by substituting for any regular paying symbol.
Bonus Features of the Pandora’s Box of Evil
There must be a Pandora’s Box-type gadget in a game like this, and it appears in the form of Mystery symbols. When mystery symbols appear on all reels, one of them transforms into a mystery wild or reveals a scatter, Spirit of Hope, or pay symbol. Pay symbols that are revealed are always of one sort. Before Mystery symbols reveal themselves, there is a possibility that they will be changed into Mystery Wilds, which have multipliers of x2, x3, x4, or x5. The multiplier numbers are combined before being used when several Mystery Wilds contribute to a win.
Spirit of Hope
A respin is started when the Scatter of Hope is revealed; it happens after the current spin. All Mystery symbols, scatters, or Mystery Wilds are locked for the respin. During the respin, all locked Mystery symbols close and then show a brand-new random symbol.
8 free spins are awarded when at least 3 scatter symbols are visible. All Mystery symbols are fixed in position during free spins till the bonus is over. During the feature, 1, 3, or 3 scatters award 2, 5, or 8 extra free spins, depending on how many scatters were landed.
What we think about the Pandora’s Box of Evil
One of those Play’n GO slots with a great appearance and a good selection of features that somehow manages to be ordinary is Pandora’s Box of Evil.
- The mythological concepts team at the studio has created an intriguing way to incorporate the well-known Pandora’s box story into a Mystery symbols feature that could ultimately produce numerous results rather than just displaying a straight pay sign.
- Another interesting feature is the Mystery Wild with a Multiplier, or better yet, several Mystery Wilds with a Multiplier, which, in theory, might produce winning combinations when connected to winning symbols.
- The remaining option is free spins, which make the game slightly reminiscent of earlier slots like Net Gains by making Mystery symbols more sticky when they appear.
- However, the Mystery symbols have a little bit more diversity here. The clincher in Pandora’s Box of Evil might have been the maximum win, but at of the time of writing, it didn’t seem to be readily available, so judgement will have to be withheld for the time being. Otherwise, it’s challenging to identify issues with how Pandora’s Box of Evil operates. It might be intriguing for some Mystery symbol action with a couple of twists.
- As we’ve already indicated, Pandora’s Box of Evil is a good example of the high-quality releases Play’n GO excels at releasing on a regular basis. It has a simple design, an engaging cover narrative, and its thematic components have been skillfully incorporated into the gameplay.
Give Pandora’s Box of Evil a spin at Baji online casino
Experience this mysterious yet fun game at Baji online casino! It could be your lucky day today!